IT Business Analyst
I would like to know what an IT business analyst would have to do in his job. What would be his key roles and what tools and information he must possess.... I am looking forward for a positive reply and guidance..
Here are the general duties of an IT Business Analyst:
1. Be the Negotiator - Foster an understanding of problems and solutions between the IT development team and the business team.
2. Grease the wheels - Write feasibility studies and cost analyzes for new projects. Write testing schedules and user manuals for finishing projects.
3. Analyze IT System - Determine what the problems are with a system and propose solutions to them.
4. Communicate and Sell IT Solutions - It is often necessary to sell a proposed IT solution to management as the best solution to an existing problem.
5. Communicate and Clarify Business Problems - IT does not always understand what the business problem is and why their proposed solution will not fully solve the problem.
Requirements For An IT Business Analyst:
1. Understanding of both business systems and IT systems.
2. Understand how to use the basic analytical tools of Business Analysis.
3. Have an ability to communicate and sell ones ideas.
4. Be a concise and clear business writer.
Career as a Business Analyst
by Sunil Kumar
I completed B.S.(chemistry,botany,zoology)and a MBA in Marketing in 2009. I am working with a cng cylinders manufacturing company noe. Hence I have no technical qualifications.
So Is It possible to start a career as a business analyst? If possible How? Please help me?
Why do you say that you have no technical qualifications? Chemistry seems like a technical subject. Your MBA should give you some pretty good business background.
All you need is some training in business analysis. With a solid academic background like yours, all you need is to work toward a business analyst certification. There are several institutions offering online training, such as Villanova. That should be your next step to start your business analyst career.